Saturday, November 1, 2008

This Is Halloween!


Ok. This year is the first year that Miriam didn't want to dress up as something scary. She decided it would be fun to dress up as a hairstylist. Good thing I had everything she needed. How convenient.



I think it was because she got take my old blowdryer, and brushes, and clips, and permrods, and marcel irons. Either that, or she just thought it would be cool to have stripey hair. Probably the hair.



In this one, Doug was playing photographer, and was giving instructions, like, "Show me happy... Now angry, that's it... Now let me see your pouty lips!



Here is our spooky house. Too bad you can't hear the creepy music that Doug had playing. It scared many a little one away.



This is our cauldron full of ectoplasm. If the music didn't get 'em, this finished the job. It was fun to watch, because it would become a huge column of smoke rising out of the cauldron, and then across the ceiling of the porch. Very spooky, but hard to photograph. Just a bunch of gray.



I loved Doug's pumpkin this year. It took him about 10 minutes from start to finish, including the cleaning out. I think it was his best one yet.

7 comments:

Misty said...

Miriam looked great! I love your porch too. Looks like you got curtains up, yay!

Dustin and Camila said...

Holy cow! Miriam has grown up so much since I saw her last. That's a sad commentary about how long I've owed you guys a visit. And Doug's "scube-o-lantern" is the coolest.

Camila and I are heading your way in just a few weeks. I'll call you guys about our travel plans and let you know when we'll be staying with you...

Notice I didn't "ask"? Hehe - it's a foregone conclusion.

Amber said...

Please. As if you have to ask. Anytime our cowboy wants to visit is a great thing. Just bring your cowgirl along. You know that you are never going to live that down, right?

Grandma G. said...

Amber, I loved the pictures of your little girl. She was like only 3 or 4 the last time I saw her. Your blog is beautiful. Love YOU, Karen Gustafson

Tara said...

Hey Amber! I just found your blog through Tammy's. Cool pumpkin! I like your humor. We need more of that in the world!

Tammy said...

Can Doug carve our pumpkins next year? His looks awesome!

Shannon said...

Tell D I liked his pumpkin and nice bird!!!