Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monster Mash


This year, we didn't have very many trick-or-treaters, but we made up for that by dressing up and having a blast anyway. We attempted to create a spook alley on the porch, but the wind and rain got the best of us. We left the plastic up because it made so much noise in the wind, it sounded creepy. 


Miriam had a great time dressing up, too. She loves to color her hair with hairspray. Loves it. Did I mention that she loves to have wild colored hair? The claws/gloves that glow in the dark were just an added bonus. She really got into her character. How is it that I never knew how much she loves to be scary? Just look into those eyes, she is thrilled to be dressed like the undead. Should I worry?


Miriam and her best friend Bekkah, who lives across the street, had a wonderful evening of scaring the children of the neighborhood. They sat on Bekkah's porch to hand out candy most of the night. The only time they went inside was when the rain started to attack. These two are so fun together.


Doug dressed up like a mummy. If you have never known this about Doug, he is incredibly intrigued with Egypt. Really. I'm not kidding. There was a time when he wanted to decorate our bedroom (of all places) in ancient Egyptian. He wanted a sarcophagus and everything. This came about because we were in R.C. Willey, and they had a sarcophagus made into some book shelves. He thought it would be cool. I thought it would be creepy. If every day was Halloween, then that would be different, but it isn't. Thank Heaven. Now he has to be content to satisfy his curiosity one night a year. Poor guy.


All in all, we had a wonderful night of bonding as a family. Your children should know their heritage. It's important to tell them where they come from, and what makes them who they are. They should be proud to belong to the family they have been given. I think our work is done, here.


I do have one minor concern: As I am usually the one behind the camera, there aren't very many pictures of me in existence. The one time I have to be in the pictures, and I look like this? I suppose it is better than the alternative. It could be a picture of me in the morning.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Absolutely LOVE your costumes.. it's too bad you didn't make it to Trina's party all dressed up, that would have been fun!!

Parkside View said...

The make-up is AWESOME! I would have never known it was you three. Looks like you had a great Halloween.