Monday, February 8, 2010

I just thought this was a brilliant idea for Valentine's Day! I think I will have to get my family involved, and take them to my neighbors. When did the tradition of taking a Valentine to each of your neighbors disappear? I remember having so much fun with my family on Valentine's Day. Mom and Dad would go on a date, and all of us kids would take around Valentine's. Then there was my favorite, tying a piece of string to a valentine and pulling it off the porch when they bent down to pick it up. Ahhh, childhood was bliss.



I have decided that it is time to resurrect the past, and share my love and appreciation for my neighbors. After all, my daughter hasn't lived until she has ripped a love note out of someones fingertips.

2 comments:

Teri's Life said...

Oh! I remember those days! I often wondered how come that seemed to go away - it was wayyyy to fun =)

I'll have to remember that this year and try it out on some friends.

Misty said...

Ooooh, Ooooh!! Can I be your neighbor??? I think our family must have stopped doing all those fun things you talk about when I was born. lol I had a great laugh picturing you ripping a valentine out of some li'l ol' ladies hand and giggling about it! haha.. I love you.