On Tuesday, I had an early appointment to see my doctor. I was feeling a bit stressed out about the day, (mornings are rough for me) and Doug was nice enough to run out and scrape the windows so I didn't have to. Usually our Durango is in the garage, but lately that space is taken up by Doug's most prized posession, his lawn tractor. As long as he keeps clearing the snow, I'm just fine with that. I ran out, got in the vehicle and put it in reverse to back out of the driveway, looked in the rearview mirror, and I saw the message he had put on the back window. I had to stop for a minute and chuckle. Awwwwww, that was so sweet of him. I felt so loved, like I just got a big, cuddly bear hug. As I was driving from Springville to American Fork, I occured to me that everyone else would be staring at it, because the windows had not only been frosted over, but were terribly dirty from all the driving around on the dirty slushy roads. I had a good laugh over that all morning.
That night, Doug played around with my Christmas present. He got me a silhouette machine from QuikKutz. For those who don't know what that is, it's like a printer, but it cuts paper and vinyl instead of printing. He put it to good use all night long. He had a blast. By the end of the night, he was dreaming up all sorts of things he could do with it, and still wasn't thinking about going to bed at about midnight. I had to reign him in and calm him down. I was tired, and we did not need vinyl lettering on every single thing we owned. My fridge was just fine, thank you. He was more rational in the morning.

This is the result of his handi-work. He made his own signs for the back of his truck. Like he needs to take on more diving classes. I am trying to get him to cut down on them as it is. That being said, they are really cool. I think he did a great job!
6 comments:
You do have a wonderful guy. You guys look so cute in your new years picture. I love catching up on your blog. Its almost like you are here. Miss you Miss P.
Love the 2009 glasses - New Years decor is so much fun!
That was sweet of your hubby to put a "love note" on your window - so cute!
Hope all was well at the Doc.
The Sillouette can do cool stuff. I have a Cricut, which I have had for several years and before Sillouette came out - I think if I had the choice now I would have got the Sillouette - it is so neat how it works with the computer and as a bonus it is fun for husbands!! :))
You guys are serious partiers. We were lazy homebodies New Year's Eve. We stayed home and played games as a family. Fun for us, but it would have bored anyone else to tears. Anyway, I loved the snazzy glasses etc.
You must have a great guy!
Cute new background did you make it?
How Sweet and How Fun! I think it would be fun to have one of those machines. Oh, the possibilities.
I call him the living McGuiver. Doug is without doubt my most interesting friend. Hehe, in a good way.
Post a Comment