Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving has come and gone.


We had a blast on Thanksgiving. The pies all turned out great, and yes, I remembered the sugar. We went to my brother, Justin's condo. He and his wife did a great job. Ok, his wife, Tori did a great job. It was her first time hosting a Thanksgiving, I believe, and it was perfect. I think Justin just did what he was told, and showed up.

I took the funniest picture. My little sister is due to have her first baby on the 16th. She was standing next to Doug, so he stuck out his stomach to see who was bigger. We all got a big chuckle out of it, and then they decided that my dad should get in the picture, too. Then we really laughed.


Small, medium, and large. I don't think Dad is very amused. I think I'm getting coal from him for Christmas.

We stopped by Doug's sister's house on our way home. I don't think that they had very much fun without us.

This is Brian, Tammy, and Sydney. Don't they just look happy to be alive? Too much turkey, I think.



This is the after shot, when they realized their favorite aunt had arrived. Much better. Now the party can start. I just love my neices and nephews. Wish I could have gotten a picture of all of them. Maybe at Christmas.

We went home, and were relieved the day was over. I love Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday. This year, we had so much going on, I was just happy to be in my own home after all the craziness. That gave me time to work on my talk, which went well. At least now I don't have to speak for a year or so. At least, that's my consolation thought.

Every year, Doug and I cook our own Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday after the big day. I guess I cook it, Doug helps set the table. It's always been nice to have our own, and then have leftovers. This year, we invited my parents, and my sister and her husband and their 4 kids, and their one son-in-law... We had tons of food. After church, I found out that nobody could come, except my sister and her husband, and one of their children. We had a great time, but lots and lots of food leftover. We planned on 13, and went down to 6. Stuffing, anyone?

1 comment:

Misty said...

LOL I love our big "turkey" bellies!