Monday, December 15, 2008

My mistake.

I was just notified that I have been remiss in my duties as job foreman. I neglected to report on all construction jobs performed over the weekend. In order to make amends and prevent any further legal action on the part of my niece, Tammy, I shall now rectify my mistake. There were also 2 other Torgersen homes under construction on Saturday, so I shall now include pictures of those as well.



This is Tammy, on her way out the door. She labored intensely over the building of her home. Like her mother, she is also a very talented stone mason. Give the girl some Necco's and smarties, and she can decorate quite a house. She is my most talented, beautiful, graceful, sweet, loving, (let's not forget forgiving) niece. I am pretty sure I am now her favorite aunt again, right, Tam?

This is Mike's house. He had some construction delays, because he had to rush to another job. Although talented in construction in his own right, let's hope that his house is finished before demolition begins. I would hate for him to be homeless for the holidays. At least he had a sidewalk and door. Those Torgersen's and their talent with rocks...maybe too many trips to Topaz Mountain?


In an effort to disclose all Saturday activities, I shall tell about Doug's exciting day. While we were busy with our building, Doug was out spreading some Christmas cheer. He has a lawn tractor that he absolutely loves, with a snowplow blade that was anxiously attached months ago in anticipation of the first real snowfall. Usually, Doug is the last one to want snow, but this year he couldn't wait to use his toy. He was very unhappy when we woke up on Saturday to still have dry, yellow grass outside. When the snow finally started falling, we had a little party. All three of us had to run to the windows and watch. He spent most of the day plowing the sidewalks and driveways of the neighborhood. One woman even came knocking to thank him, almost in tears. Hmmm, maybe this will be a good tool for even more service in the future. He had a great time, and when it got dark, and all cars had left from the street in front of our house, he proceeded to clear the roads completely. (I think it was just so he could use the headlight on the tractor.) Looked like a lot of fun to me. Hey, good lookin'! Got room on your Hog for a really hot construction chick? ;-)

1 comment:

Karen Buxton said...

I am highly impressed with the quality of the gingerbread construction projects. I wasn't raised decorating gingerbread houses, and it hasn't been something that I felt inclined to do until recently. I really wish that I could have been there to learn from the masters. I better find someone to help me out next year. Congrats on your new baby neice!